Sunday, August 30, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Finally...me, my sis and father have moved into our new home. If you ask me; I would say the process of house purchasing, renovating, painting, and moving out and in; covered sweets and sours.

During last Nov while the S & P Agreement had been signed by me and my sis; we both felt happy and excited. We have been discussing to each other on how we were going to deco the house most of the time before the house key has been obtained.

The sour parts covered the processing of the house. It took us for more than 6 months to get the house key (without the consent of the state, the processing of a house should not be more than 3 months). After the key had been obtained; there were a lot of things to deal with. Eg, shop around for the furniture, household stuff, deal with the contractors, paint, clean...and I was actually exhausted.

The sweetest part is- finally me and my sis have our own place already. The feelings of owning a house are just warm and great. My family members could stay here whenever they wish or I could invite my friends to come over and have a gathering here whenever we want. Isn't it just nice? My sis is being a couch potato now and I am glad that I can own a room.

Well, I would like to thanks my sister- Trace who holds 50% shares of the house. Thank you for let "our" dream came true. Thanks to my papa who sponsored the kitchen cabinet, tiles, doors...and spent his valuable times to monitor the progress of the renovation. Thanks to my mama who bought us the furnace for the housewarming, cooking materials and cooked for us here for a week. Thanks to my bf and Brandon for helped us to paint, clean and bought us the gifts for the house. Thanks to my grandparents, brothers, uncles, aunties, cousin and cousin-in-law. You guys are awesome!!! Thanks for the ang pau as well. Hahaha. Last but not least, thanks to my GOD that answering my calls and I appreciate it.

Thanks to all my friends who are caring. Welcome to our home!!!

Living Room- gotta mention here, the house is designed by me and my sis.


Divider in the living room.

One side of the divider is displaying the model of the "Eye of London and London Bridge". A gift from Patrick which he brought back from London during CNY. Thank you my friend!!! Really appreciate.





A big picture displaying the "City of Paris" at night. I like the picture very much and it certainly a picture which full of imagination and illusion.


Dining place- The displays of the wall are actually a clock.

Kitchen- I forgot to take photo at the other side of the kitchen cabinet.



My room- The display on the wall is purchased from Krabi. Whereas, the quilt is from IKEA.




The arm chair is a gift from my bf- Simon. Surreptitiously; he bough and moved the chair to my room while I went back to hometown. At first, the room was a bit dim and dismal at night. It's now warm, lightful and lovely with the extra lamp and armchair. Thanks for the gifts and they really made me surprise and happy.


The other side of my room. The color of the book shelf is to match with my table. Well, i guess my sister's room is more warmer than mine cos her room is painted with pink and peach color.


The most expensive thing I have purchased so far...$$$ flied. Though, happy. Good night to all of you and Cheers!

5 comments:

Jane Kong said...

Sally, I am really very happy for you! Now I got a hiding place jo! We can bring food and chill out more often!! Yeah!!!

Sallykok said...

Jane, thanks. Yup, right, we can chill out more often. Welcome, welcome!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations.. so happy.. owned a hse now.. I'm still renting a room.. sad :(

Sallykok said...

Eling, thanks. How are you? No worries, i guess you will own a house soon. Gambateh!