Tuesday, August 5, 2008

DAY 1- Shopping in Pratulam

Although I went to bed around 4am (TH time). However, I woke up around 7.30 am. It either I missed my blanket in Malaysia badly or I was too excited to go out to say “hello” to Bangkok. Since they were still sleeping, I was just lying on the bed to read some information about Bangkok from the tour guide. Not to blame the hotel, coz I found the rooms that we accommodated were clean, tidy and comfortable.

The hotel that we accommodated is called Samran Place Hotel, in Siam Area; near Rachathewi BTS Station. The breakfast of the hotel is served in an alacarte basis and the food there is delicious and I really enjoy the food there.

In order for my Thai colleagues to call me during my visit in Thailand, I have purchased a Thai DCTA sim card. The mobile number was chosen by Jayne 08- 5166-2335; nice number according to Jayne.





Around 11.00am, we went to Pratulam. We did not know the exact direction but we managed to "walk" there by ourselves. Along the way to Pratulam, there were a lot of hawker stalls selling bake porks, durians, drinks and etc. The food selling by the hawkers seemed delicious, but when i tasted some baked porks bought by Jayne, i found the taste was very strange.



After a long walk, finally; we reached one of the shopping complex in Pratulam. My first impression of this shopping complex was; it was like Sugai Wang in KL. However, the price of the clothes, shoes and etc were definately much more cheaper compare to Sg. Wang.


Here, you can get a wholesale price by purchase the product for 3 and above. Luckily, there were 4 of us, so most of the products we managed to get the wholesale price. After few hours of shopping, my conclusion was, "Bangkok is a shopping paradise!". Imagine, the shoes with good quality was only sold at 230 baht ( equal to RM23) and for the same pair of shoes, Malaysia may sell for RM50 and above.

okay, take a look at some of the pics.

I am calculating how much i have spent after few hours of shopping during my lunch hour.
Guess what? The cap is only 200 baht.

After i managed to get a cap @ 200 baht; Candice and my sista also found theirs' caps in the same shop.
Each of us is wearing our cap, the shop owner (i guess) helped us to take the picture. Ohh... forgot to mention, the sweaters that we are wearing during the shoot below is only 140 baht each. Kinda cheap.







I found a bit unethical while i saw some of the locals brought a small elephant to the street and they used the elephant to attract the attention of the foreigners. When some of the foreigners approached the elephant, the elephant shaked its head and acted cute. Then, without hesitate, the foreigners rewarded the elephant by bought some of the sugar cane from the owner of the elephant. No doubt, this is the tactic the elephant's owner being used to earn money.

I was demoralized while i saw this. What i knew is, a small elephant has to be with their's mother until it fully grow up. Apparently, the elephant that i saw is young enough to earn money to its master. Bless the elephant!




I am doing a foot massage. I spent 400 baht for foot and Thai Massage and the duration of the massage is 2 hours. The massagist is skillful. After the foot and Thai Massage, it eased my musle pain after a long shopping day! Thanks for the massagist!!!

No comments: