Sunday, August 3, 2008

Flight to Bangkok- Suvarnabhumi Airport

After a long waited period; finally, me, my sista, Jayne and Candice went to Bangkok on 25th of July. Special thanks to Jayne who took the initiative to book for the air tickets for us.

On the day itself, actually I was very tired after a long working day and as usual on Friday I was much busier. As such, after I came back from the office, I was actually running fever.

Our flight is at 10.20pm. When we reached the airport, I had no mood coz I was super duper not feeling well. Gosh, if I knew it earlier, I should apply half day leave instead of working full day in the office.

No doubt, I looked damn miserable on the day.


Since i was tired, i slept silently during the flight and i found night flight is much better than the morning or afternoon flight due to i managed to fall asleep very quickly during the flight compare to my previous flights.





Me inside the mini bus, the bus is aheading to the entrance hall of the Suvarnabbhumi Airport.
Here we go, Suvarnabhumi, Bangkok's new airport. It took 46 years to build the airport. And, the name of Suvarnabhumi was named or given by Thai's King. This airport was ready in used in year 2004.
The airport is splendid and no doubt it is the most busiest airport in Asia. While we were waiting for the luggages , i saw a lot of air stewardess from different countries with nice uniform passing around the airport.
Due to the flight delayed, we reached Bangkok at 1.00am (TH time). After the immigration procedure done, it was about 2.oo am. Of course, i was extremely tired and for haven sake, i wanted a rest badly. However, we managed to reach the hotel at 3.30am which is equal to 4.30 am (MY time).
One thing i need to mention here is that, me and my sis were actually cheated by the taxi driver who brought us to the hotel coz he charged us 500 baht. Whereas, Candice and Jayne only paid for 400 baht for the ride.
And later, i was being told by my Thai's friend that; all the taxi drivers have no obligation to charge the taxi fees, instead, they need to adopt meter. The estimation of the charge from the airport to the hotel is only 200- 250 baht. However, i have no time to think further. Right after i reached the room, i hurried for a hot shower and went to bed.
Since we were in rush, we did not take any photos of the grand airport. The following 2 pics were taken from the website
Suvarnabhumi - Winning Photo #1 by Mr. Boonlert Tangtaveevech


Suvarnabhumi - Winning Photo #2 by Mr. Boonchai Chaivirooncharoen

Okay, a bit sleepy now. I will blog more later. Good night!!!

No comments: